Email Marketing Tips For Getting More Customers
Email marketing is still a must-have marketing channel for every sized business. When you use it the right way, it gets you more transactions, leads, and customers. Here are some tips you can go through to optimize your next email marketing campaign.
It is crucial to ensure that your email is optimized for mobile devices. Many statistics show us that more than half of opened emails come from phones. And 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device (Convince & Convert, 2018). So, It’s better always to test your email looks on both mobile and desktop. The email must be responsive to support small screens. And all images should not be larger than 250 kb to ensure that images will load quickly.
Souce : Charles Deluvio, Unsplash
Your buyers aren’t all the same. When you segment your email list, your email campaigns become much more targeted to your audience. Campaign Monitor has shared the report that the segmented campaigns help marketers increase their revenue much higher than the one-for-all campaigns. To get started, you can segment your list by industry, company size, and sales cycle.
This topic is not about sending an individual message to every single subscriber. Personalization means that you use customer data to create a personalized message. The simplest way to do so is to address the reader by name. For example, there is a study that email subject lines with a recipient’s first name can increase the open rate by 16%.
Another thing you can do is using a real reply-to email address. People are more likely to trust and relate to an email that comes from another person. Using an actual signature in the email allows your readers to contact you.
Souce: Adam Solomon, Unsplash
There are some emails we called trigger-based emails. They are emails that are sent out automatically based on user behavior. The most common forms of trigger-based emails are ‘welcome’ emails, ‘thank you’ emails, and other ‘transactional’ emails, such as order confirmation and email receipts.
The data behind the trigger-based email has proved that:
- Open rates for trigger emails are as high as 49% (95% higher than traditional email open rates)
- The average click-through rate (CTR) for trigger emails is more than double the rate compared to conventional email click-through rates
- The best converting websites in the world, sites that convert as much as 40% of their traffic, use trigger emails.
A good thing is some email services already provide us the email workflow tool to create personalized email workflows that can get triggered in different ways, such as when a user subscribes to your list or submit a form on your website.
Souce : Email Analytics, one of GetResponse features
Always define your metrics for each campaign.
How to know what you can do to make the email marketing better? You will need to set up the key metrics to define your success. Most digital marketers commonly use these following metrics:
- Open rate - Number of subscribers who open as a percentage of emails delivered.
- Click rate - Number of clicks within an email as a percentage of opens.
- Unsubscribe rate - Number of recipients who unsubscribe as a percentage of emails delivered.
- Spam complaints - Total number of recipients who mark the email as spam email or junk for each email sent.
- Post-click activity - The volume of leads generated, products sold, or other brand-specific objectives completed as a result of email marketing to a targeted audience.
The challenge with identifying key email metrics is that one size does not necessarily fit all. The metrics you rely upon will be as unique to your program as your design, message, and call to action. Whatever metrics you choose to embrace, the best scenario is that they match up as much as possible with your actual business objectives.
Link copied to clipboard!